For the 11th year in a row, we are collecting donations and putting together holiday care packages for families in need across the Lower Mainland.
In support of single mother-led families and children in need. Capital Direct has generously agreed to match your donation* meaning that it will go twice as far.
An empty cupboard can be common, and especially difficult during the holidays for single mother families, and your donations can help make a family’s holiday season a little brighter.
Capital Direct will double your donation to the families!*
• YWCA - Alder Gardens
• YWCA - Como Lake Gardens
• YWCA - Crabtree Corner
• YWCA - Crabtree Corner Housing
• YWCA - Fraser Gardens
• YWCA - Monroe House
• YWCA - Program Center - Single Mothers Grp
• YWCA - Semlin Gardens
• YWCA - Cause We Care House
• Collingwood Neighbourhood House
• Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA)
• Grandview Elementary
• Jewish Family Service Agency
• Kate Booth House • Esther's Place • North Shore Crisis Centre (Sage &&Hope) • North Shore Neighbourhood House • Ray-Cam Community Centre (NICCSS) • Safe Choice Transition House • Thunderbird Elementary • Wenda's Place Transition House • Macdonald Elementary • Britannia Secondary • Strathcona Elementary • Van Tech Secondary • North Shore Women's Centre
Every $75 care package contains 30 lb worth of essentials like high protein, non-perishable foods, warm accessories, plus a few treats for the mothers and kids. These care packages can have a huge impact on families struggling during the holiday season.
Treats For The Mothers & Kids
Capital Direct will match every dollar donated*, doubling your gift for the families.
Thank you to our sponsors, Army & Navy, Aritzia, Classic Packaging Direct, Save-On-Foods, Urban Impact and Pediatric Dental Group for their many years of continued support. Thank you to Dueck Auto Group for providing cargo vans for delivery of the care packages. And a special thanks to Capital Direct for matching all of the donations to help us reach our goal.
We look forward to working with many volunteers again this holiday season!
Want to get involved? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get right back to you!
“It wasn't that long ago, that I suddenly became a single mom where my unhealthy marriage broke down at the worst time (while I was temporarily unemployed), and was in the thick of money issues. I received a Cause We Care Christmas bag a few Chirstmas' ago from a North Shore Single Moms group I was a part of. I will never forget your generosity to not just me, but to the other Single Moms (& children) who had it much worse than I did resource & career-wise. It was truly incredible.”
*Capital Direct will match every dollar donated up to $30,000